Torna alla lista

Cathidral of Saint Mary of the snow

Cathidral of Saint Mary of the snow

The cathidral was built in 1836, but it was consacrete only in 1873. The cathedral stands on a big square. The façade, divided in four Ionic halfcolumns, has three entries and two twins bell towers. The roof of the building is barreled. On the inside it has a nave and two side aisles and three chapels apsed with paints in fresco. The presbitery has a marble altar that dates from 1854. The pulpit was made by Francesco Cuccheri and Michele Fiaschi, it's weight is taken by a Corinthian column, that stands on a plinth and it is for sure one of the elements most intresting on the inside. It has three angels engraved in bas-relief.