In the first years of the XIX century the square was dedicated to Saint John, just like the little church that was there, today is disappeared. During the last years of the 1800 the name was changed in Cavallotti square, and with this name was known by the painter and photographer Antonio Ballero. With the beginning of the Fascism the name became Littorio square. Only after the war name became again Saint John square. It is located in the cross of Aspromonte street and Rome street. Until the 20's of the XX century was the center of meetings and as a open-air market especially for fruits and vegetables, depending on the events could be sold any kind of thing, as handcrafted objects and other locals made in other near villages as Oliena, Mamoiada, Fonni, Desulo and Gavoi. In the square there is the bust of the doctor Raffaele Calamida, known in the 50's and the "doctor of the poor", made by Mario Adolfi.