The church of the Solitude is located under the Mount Ortobene. The recent building was built around the years 1950-57 designed by Giovanni Ciusa Romagna (also author of the previous design of the gardens in Vittorio Emanuele square). Is an unpretentious building that uses the fundamental style of rural churches. Ciusa Romagna during the recreation of the church wanted to maintein the original planimetry with just one nave, and a semicircular apse. An arches has the function to divide the apse, where there is the altar, from the nave. The side facade is made with granite bricks, and just one bronze door, that ha a relief of the Madonna of the Solitude and other graphic works inspired by Sardinian tradition, the work was made by Eugenio Tavolara. On the inside the atmosphere is simply and essential. The walls are covered by wood frames while on the roof there is a little bell tower, builded on the request of the Grazia Deledda’s son. Deledda in fact really loved the little church, for this reason in 1959 she was buried there inside of a sarcophagus in black marble, designed by Ciusa Romagna.